Wednesday, January 11, 2012

I did end up having some minor complications from my low potassium level.  My right arm felt like it was asleep and weak until I got some potassium in me...scary stuff. 

My third chemo went well and I was done early.  We ended up leaving to drive back home for a visit after my treatment.  It is a 12 hour drive that we split into two days so that it won't be as hard on the girls.  Our first night there the youngest started throwing up and within the next day or two, we all threw up and had the stomach bug.  This might sound horrible, but for a little while I was more worried about me getting sick than about my daughter throwing up.  I just didn't know what the result of me getting sick with my lowered blood levels would be.  Luckily, I got over it quickly.  Well we all did, except for my youngest daughter.  She threw up a few more times throughout the week, so we took her to the clinic and they prescribed an antibiotic.  Now we are home and happy to be...it's always nice to get home. 

Tomorrow I will begin my second cycle of chemo...

No comments:

Post a Comment