Sunday, January 22, 2012

5 down...??? to go

It is kind of strange to be going through treatment and still not really know how much longer I have with this chemo or when I will start the high dose chemo.  Hopefully most of these questions will be answered when I see the UCLA doctor on the 30th.  Now I not only have an appointment to meet the doctor, but they also want me to have a PET scan there the same day.  I was trying to make travel plans, but since I don't have a time for the scan yet I haven't been able to do that.  Hopefully I will know tomorrow so that I can get my plane tickets.  I decided that it would be easier for me to fly to LA on my own than trying to drive by myself or trying to take the whole family,  I think it will be easier and faster to just fly alone. 

Today is my least favorite day in my week of chemo treatment....I usually feel fine, great even, the day of chemo and fine the next day.  But today...it is the day when I feel the most...yuck!  I don't even really know how to explain it...nauseous, tired, just...not good.  I know this is still much better than what other people going through chemo experience...And my hair seems to have started to thin just a bit...just feeling some loose hairs on me.  I wish I had the bald Barbie...If you haven't already joined the movement on Facebook or signed the petition to Mattel, look into it.  I think the bald Barbie could do a lot of good.

No comments:

Post a Comment