Thursday, January 26, 2012

Cycle Two, Almost Through

Tomorrow will be my last chemo of my second cycle.  It will be nice to have a week off...then on to cycle 3.  I think...

Yesterday I actually gave myself my Neupogen shot...and I didn't pass out. :) I was sitting down just in case...ha ha...I'm such a wieny!

I finally have all the details of my appointment and travel plans for Monday's trip to UCLA.  I went ahead and bought the plane tickets yesterday because I didn't want the cost to go up anymore than it already had.  It went from $34 one-way to $60 while I was waiting for some answers. I got an early flight because I thought they would schedule the PET scan in the morning but....  Today I finally got a call and they scheduled the scan for 1:45 and told me to go to the appointment with the doctor as soon as I am through with the scan.  My doctor's appointment was originally scheduled for 2pm and now I probably won't be at the office until about 4pm.  Hopefully my flight out is late enough...it should be...I hope.

I am planning or hoping that this doctor will answer my questions...I need to start writing them down.... 
How and when will the stem cells be harvested?
What chemos will be involved in the high dose chemo?
How long will I have to be in the hospital?
Will I really lose my hair with the high-dose chemo?
Will the h-d chemo really make me infertile?
What are the additional risks/side effects that come with this treatment?

I'm sure I'll think of at least a few more to add to the list...

1 comment:

  1. I'm rooting for and thinking of you, Jennifer! Love your profile picture - so adorable. Having a list to take with you to the doctor's is a great idea.
    Good for you!
    Take care,
    your childhood friend, Mollie

    ReplyDelete