Thursday, December 22, 2011

Chemo Number Two

I had my second chemo today and it still went really well.  I took some yummy brownies for the patients; who are mostly vets; and the nurses. :)  I wanted to do something nice since it is so close to Christmas.  I got to finish watching the movie I had started at the end of my chemo last week and got a little reading in. 

My labs today showed that I had a low potassium level, so the nurse gave me some information on foods that are high in potassium.  When I had been home for a while, the doctor called and let me know that he put in a prescription for a potassium supplement.  I didn't pick it up yet because I snuck in a nap, and I am not sure that they pharmacy will be open tomorrow, but hopefully it will be.  I guess if not I will be eating a papaya a day until I get my supplements. lol.  I am not sure that I have ever had papaya but it has the highest amount of potassium per fruit, and it sure sounds a lot better than a banana.  (I don't like bananas...I know I'm weird.)  I still have the slight numbness in my fingers and toes, which the nurse said I would need to watch...I guess I just need to make sure that it doesn't get any worse.

In case I don't write again before Christmas.....Merry Christmas!!!!  And remember that Jesus is the reason for the season. I am reminding myself too, as it is always easy to get caught up in the presents, decorations, etc.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to read your blog today. You have been on my mind and in my prayers. It did not surprise me that you had on your mind to do something special for others when you went for treatment! You are as beautiful on the inside as you are on the outside. Merry Christmas to you and your wonderful family. Next time, get the prescription filled when they give it to you. LOL Love you, Jenn!

    ReplyDelete