Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Pray and be Thankful

With Thanksgiving last month and people being thankful... I was having a hard time being thankful... but I still have so much to be thankful for.

I have a wonderful husband and two precious little girls. They are what makes my life happy and complete.  I love getting to be a wife and a mother.  These were my two top goals to accomplish in my life...and I have accomplished them.  Although I do still have room for improvement.. :).   I have a mother who is willing to drop everything in her life to come help me, and take care of me and my family. I also have a father, two brothers, a sister, six sister-in-laws, four brother-in-laws, a mother-in-law and almost 13 nephew and nieces who I love and I know love me too.  (Number 13 is due soon!)

My husband has a good job and is able to support us.  We live in a nice home and our car is paid for!  We were able to finish paying off my medical bills last year...huge relief!

I came across a blog yesterday...a lady who was diagnosed with Hodgkin's, the same cancer I have.  I immediately began to empathize with her... feeling we shared a common story.  However, as I continued to read I learned that a few months after she was diagnosed, her 11 month old daughter was diagnosed with neuroblastoma.  So, not only did this mother have to deal with her cancer, but her daughter's as well.  I can't even begin to imagine how hard that would be as a parent...to hear that your child has cancer.  I told myself to pray and be thankful.

Then today I heard a story of a young lady who's cancer has not been responding to her chemo treatments.  I guess she has tried all of them and none of them have worked.  The doctors told her they will try the first ones again and if there is still no result...they will make sure she is comfortable.  I told myself to pray and be thankful.

Life could be better....but it could be worse.  I need to remember that and remember to be thankful .....and pray for others and myself to beat cancer!!

1 comment:

  1. I found your blog through "New Mom...", just wanted to leave a message of hope & encouragement as you begin this next phase in your fight against cancer. You will be in my prayers!
    With warm wishes for your health & happiness,
    Kierstin

    ReplyDelete