Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Transplant is a Go!....AHHH!

Well, I got the call....the transplant is approved!  My transplant coordinator gave me a tentative schedule which could change depending on how smoothly (or not) things go.  So, here it is...for now anyway.

Thursday, April 12th- Husband and I fly to LA to sign paperwork and meet with transplant doctor.
Friday, April 13th- Have my normal chemo at the VA.
Saturday, April 14th-Tuesday, April 24th-  Take Neupogen injections to increase white blood cells and stem cells.
Monday, April 23rd- Be in LA for blood test
Tuesday, April 24- possibly April 27-  Stem cell harvesting (hopefully they will get as many as they need sooner, but said to plan to stay until Friday)
Wednesday, May 2nd- Admitted into the hospital to begin high dose chemo with transplant.
Wednesday, May 23rd-  Hopefully released from the hospital but still have to stay in LA area
Wednesday, June 6th-  Hopefully allowed to return home (Alexa turns 2 on the 7th.  I hope I am home for her birthday.)

These are just estimates.  Some of it depends on how well my body recovers.  AHHH!!!  It is almost here!!

No comments:

Post a Comment