Saturday, April 21, 2012

Getting Closer....

I had a blood test on Thursday and my INR was 2.6 so I got to stop taking the Lovenox shots!! Yay!  Now I am only taking the Neupogen.  Based on my blood test, the Neupogen is doing its job and I should be more than ready for the stem cell collection.  They actually said I could forgo the blood test on Monday and begin stem cell harvest on Monday after my PET scan.  I am hoping that they will get enough stem cells in one day but at least in only two.

Since my last chemo I hadn't been feeling as good.  I was a little more...just sickly feeling.  However, since I got to stop taking the Lovenox I have felt better.  I have no idea if there is really a connection but...at least I feel better know.  There is some bone pain and stiffness due to the Neupogen, but not too bad.

Thursday, my parents got here!  My dad is just staying a few days but he drove my mom up here so that she can stay and help us for quite a while probably.  She will be here taking care of the girls while I am in the hospital and then come help me in LA when I get out of the hospital.  At that time, my mother in law will come and help take of the girls.  I am so thankful that they are both willing and able to come help us out.  Now that the parents are here....it is getting more real...it is getting close.  Yikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment