Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Having Fun

Well I have had two chemos since my last entry...hopefully Friday will be my last of this chemo, but I'm still not sure....

I did something unusual for me on St. Patrick's Day...I went out...had a girls night.  It was so fun!  We ate at the Hard Rock and went to see the Jabawokeez.  Then we even went down to Fremont Street for a little while...I think everyone there was wearing green.. I even saw a guy with a green tutu on his head. :)  Now I just need to go on a date with my husband. :)

Last week I felt better than I have felt in a really long time.  I felt like I had more energy and I was so happy I could breathe again after that bronchitis.  The only "bad" thing that happened was I had a rash that started on my chest, then spread to my arms and legs.  It wasn't a bad rash...just a little annoying.  I let the doctor know about and look at it on Friday at chemo.  He said it looked very mild and to continue using topical cream and take Benadryl if needed.  It is actually one of the side effects of one of my chemos. I thought it was kind of weird to show up now but...

I have my dental exam scheduled for the 3rd, so hopefully after the transplant team and the insurance get that information the transplant can be approved.  I am pretty sure that I will be getting another PET scan soon; probably after my next chemo.  They will want to make sure that my cancer is still shrinking (hopefully gone) so that the high dose chemo and transplant can move forward. 

I try not to think about it...but it makes me so anxious.  I'm not sure why...I wish I had a little better understanding of how I will feel...my limitations etc.  This is something that is hard to research because peoples' bodies respond differently....  I guess it is time to start writing those questions down again and asking my transplant coordinator and/or doctor.  I hate that I will be away from my husband and little girls for that length of time but I'm not sure I would want them to see me that way either...I don't like being seen as sick or weak...  And I get pretty grumpy when I don't feel good...  I'm just going to miss them so much!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment