Monday, March 12, 2012

Bronchitis

Well since my oncologist and no one from his "office" got back to me I did end up calling and getting an appointment with my primary care doctor Thursday.  He said he thought I had bronchitis and gave me an antibiotic, an inhaler, and cough suppressant to use if necessary.  My fever finally went away, which I think made a big improvement on how I felt.  My coughing became more controlled and productive...overall I feel so much better.  

After I came home with my diagnosis I again tried to get ahold of my oncologist because I didn't really think that I would be up for chemo on Friday...or that they would want me to go.  I called the VA and left a message, then tried calling the oncology office at the base hospital but for some reason neither of my calls made it to the right department.  Since it seemed like my oncologists assistant wasn't passing on my messages anyway I decided to try another way.  I called my case manager and let her know the situation and just asked if she could send him an email.  She asked me to hold to see if she could get ahold of him and then transferred me to him...I was amazed!  I had been trying to talk to him for over a week.  But he said that we would postpone chemo and our appointment until next week and he would let everyone know.  Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment