Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Fevered LA Trip 2

Since my last post I got to get a massage...it was so nice.  She worked out the tension in the left shoulder, which not only helped with my pain but also my anxiety over it.  I have still had a temperature...at least once or twice I thought that it had gone away.  Sunday I was thinking that maybe I should go to the ER because I've had a temperature a long time and probably have some sort of infection, but decided to wait until after I came back from my Monday appointments in LA.  I called my doctor's office again this morning. I actually got to talk to a person and she said she would contact the doctor to see what I should do.  They had never returned my phone call from last week which the lady today said she had not heard.  So I am waiting for instructions again.  If I don't hear from her by noon I'm going to do something else...maybe try my primary doctor.

My trip to LA went smoothly.  My flight left at about 6:30 and we landed early, I think about 7:15.  I met a couple visiting from Australia while I was waiting for the shuttle.  They were very nice and made me want to go visit Australia with their descriptions of it.  I caught the 8:00 shuttle and made it to campus about 9.  I got my chest x-ray out of the way first then went to the lab where they took....many tubes of blood. Good thing my hands were cold...I put them on my forehead. :)  One of the tubes they had to put in a bag of ice...I forgot to ask why, but I thought that was kind of weird.  Then I got an EKG, which was surprisingly painless and fast.  I really didn't know what to expect.  I went to my 11:30 Pulmonary appointment and got there before 11 but they took me back right away.  At first the technician was going to have me sit in a little glass box, but after looking at my face said we could use a different machine.  Thank goodness I have an expressive face! :)  I HATED these tests.  They are horrible...."take a deep breath"  "blow, blow, blow"....I think I did poorly.  The first test I had to repeat after taking puffs of Albuterol.  Finally the breathing torture was through and I could move on.  I was done about noon and my next appointment was at 1, which I decided to just wait for and then eat afterward.  I got called back for my echo which was done in 15 minutes.  The screen looked a little different than the other ones I have seen, and he did measurements which reminded me of my ultrasounds with the girls...I missed them.  Then I went and ate and was able to get on the 2:00 shuttle back to LAX but my flight wasn't until 6:05.  I asked if I could get on an earlier flight, which they said I could, but it would cost an additional $150 ... no thanks!  So, I just waited and bought the girls each a present.  There was enough daylight left during takeoff that I got to see the ocean when we were flying over it...Yikes! ;)  I was so happy to be home and hug my family.  Adrian had made dinner and it was yummy.  It was nice to be home after a long day!

No comments:

Post a Comment