Friday, May 10, 2013

I'm coming home

Since my last update, I did have to get more blood and platelets while in the hospital.  Then on Sunday, I was released!  It was so nice to get out.  My mother-in-law flew in Saturday morning, to be my caregiver when I was released.  She got here just in time.  

Monday, I had an appointment at the clinic.  They went over some of the precautions that I will have to take over the next several months as my body continues to recover.  Most of it is probably common sense; like avoiding crowds and sick people.  Also, I have to avoid food that sits out like at buffets, salad bars, and fast food places.  One thing that I wouldn't have thought about is avoiding people who have had recent live vaccinations.  They explained that the worst ones for me to be around would be the chicken pox and shingle vaccines.  When people are given these vaccines, their bodies shed them for several weeks which is fine for most people.  However, with my low immune system, it could actually give me the chicken pox, which would not be good.

My blood counts were fine on Monday, so I didn't have to get any blood products.  I didn't get my counts checked again until Thursday, and found out today that my counts are good. They are all coming up by themselves.  My platelets are high enough that they can now take out my line.  They are trying to get it scheduled for Monday or Tuesday and then I can go home!!! Yay!!!

I am not sure when they will scan me to make sure the cancer is gone but I will let you know when I know.

Thank you for the prayers. I am going home soon!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment