Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Results of 8/9 scan

I wish I had good news to share with you...but I don't.  The cancer is still unresponsive to treatment, and still seems to be growing.  The doctor called me yesterday afternoon and let me know the results and her suggested next plan of action.  She suggested COAP, which is a combination therapy of cyclophosphamide, vincristine, arabinosylcytosine, and prednisone.  She said she had already discussed it with my local oncologist.  I am going to try to talk to him today to find out a little more information and see when he is planning on beginning treatment because I have an appointment with him on Thursday and want to know more before beginning.

If you pray...please continue your prayers for my family and I.  They are very much appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment