Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentine Chemo

Valentine's Day


Today I woke up already dreading having to go to chemo today, but...

I tried making the girls special Valentine pancakes...neither of them liked or wanted them...they wanted their regular pancakes. :(  Well, I tried.

Then I really just got the girls and I ready.  I packed the girls' lunches and dropped them of with the neighbor for their Valentine party and play date. :) And packed a to-go salad for me.

Then, off I went to get my new chemo.  I talked to the doctor and he explained that some of the drugs were different than the chemo regimen that we had previously discussed because these drugs are simply unavailable now; no longer made.  So instead of C-MOPP, I am on a regimen of COAP; Cyclophosphamide, Vincristine(Onocovin), Cytarabine(ARA-C), and Prednisone.  My chemo cycles are 28 days long.  I have chemo treatments on day 1 (today) and day 8 (next Thursday), then they want me to go back to the office for a shot of Neulasta(just helps blood counts) on day 9.  So, chemo once a week for two weeks, off two weeks, repeat.  The predisone is a tablet I am supposed to take day 1-14.

I forgot to mention in my previous post that I am now having at least somewhat frequent fevers, mostly at night.  The nights that my fever are the highest, I have night sweats. Which means that I wake up 1-3 times throughout the night drenched; my clothes and the sheets below and on top of me soaked. Yuck!  So, I change my clothes and switch to the other side of the bed, hoping it doesn't happen again before I wake up.  Both the fever and night sweats are common for my lymphoma but...I think we are going to need a new mattress when this is over. :)

I think that is it for now...Thank you for your continued support, love, and prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment